quarta-feira, 20 de abril de 2011

The Art of Randy Noble

Randy began his career with Disney Parks in the fall of 1998, when he joined Disney Design Group as a Senior Character Artist.

Cinderella Watercolor

Dara: Our Guests have gotten to know you through your Disney art and collectible merchandise as well as your original artwork. How would you describe your art style to someone who has never seen any of your work?

Randy: I guess as far as my paintings go the paintings guest react the most to are my watercolors. They are loose with big washes of color and are more free flowing in style not worrying about where the color may go. I like to work in a variety of mediums like oil, acrylic, casein, and gouache but watercolor is still my favorite.


Dara: In addition to limited edition art work, what additional projects have you worked on that our Guests may not be familiar with? Are there any past projects that you have worked on that you’re most passionate about?

Randy: I have been very lucky to have worked on many great projects during my time at Disney Design Group such as Star Wars Weekends, Food & Wine Festival, Pin events, Disneyana, and the creative for our Disney Store on 5th Avenue in New York. I guess I was most passionate about Vinylmation. This was a project that my partner in Arts & Collectibles (Aaron Babcock) and I started from scratch and have watched it grow much larger than we first envisioned.

Goofy Watercolor

Dara: When selecting the characters that will appear in your art, is there a process you go through to help determine what character you’re going to focus on? Where do you draw your inspiration for each piece?

Randy: Each time I sit down and think of a new painting I try and keep in mind our guest and what characters they love. I do have favorites like Goofy and Pluto but I really enjoy painting all the characters. My inspiration comes from Disney Parks, I’m reminded every day as I drive onto Disney property what a great job I have, and how lucky I’ve been in my career.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário